— Mission Statement —
history of the Danbury High School Athletic program started on Main Street in Danbury in 1903 and continued when
DHS moved to its White Street location in 1926, and finally settled in 1964, at
the Clapboard Ridge location. The high school was officially dedicated in 1965.
A strong athletic program has always been a
part of the DHS tradition. Great
teams built through the combination of school support, coaches, families and individual players have set numerous records and won many events and titles.
Thanks in part to the hard work of the Hall of Fame Committee members,
the endorsement of the Board of Education, and the strong
Mayor Mark Boughton, this wonderful concept of athletic commemoration has
continued to move forward.
Fundraising has also improved with the addition of our Annual Golf
Tournament. Proceeds from that tournament along
with the help from The City of Danbury, we are happy to say that our goals to
transform the hallway outside the gym area, is now in construction.
Individual excellence is what we celebrate in the induction
of our athletes to the Athletic Hall of Fame. But each of the inductees knows it was the
team effort that got them here.
So we are also saying thank you to all the great teams who helped these
individuals attain their goals.
This celebration of our past will certainly inspire
DHS student athletes to dream of what is yet to be.
— Board of Directors —
Jim Blansfield, President; Jackie DiNardo, Vice President;
Brian Skarda, Treasurer; Dick Murray, Secretary;
Mike Stein, Historian; Richard Arconti, Betsy Merullo, John Merullo,
Wendy Pandolfi, Arthur Haddad,
Sal Pandolfi, Ron Struski,
Rosemary Pardalis, Kathleen Kopec, Mark Goodwin
— Ex-Officio Members —
Gary Bocaccio, Principal; Chip Salvestrini, Athletic Director